Sylvia Jones has served as the Member of Provincial Parliament for Dufferin-Caledon since 2007.
Currently she is serving as the Solicitor General and before that she was the Minister of Community Safety and Correctional Services and Minister of Tourism, Culture and Sport.
Sylvia also served as the Deputy Leader of the Official Opposition from September 2015 to May 2018.
Previous to that, her many critic responsibilities included:
– Critic for the Ministry of Transportation
– Critic for the Ministry of Infrastructure
– Critic for the Ministry of Children and Youth Services
– Critic for the Attorney General
– Critic for the Ministry of Government Services
– Critic for Women’s Issues
– Critic for the Ministry of Community and Social Services
Since being elected in 2007, Sylvia has introduced many pieces of legislation that have been adopted into government legislation and have become law, including the Social Assistance Statute Law Amendment Act, the Aggregate Recycling Promotion Act and the Respecting Private Property Act.
Sylvia has lived in Dufferin-Caledon for over 30 years with her husband David. They are the proud parents of two children.